Friday, March 14, 2014

Creating a screensaver through Pd

Using a basic tutorial with the Pure Data program I was able to begin to tweak it so it would do some more things. In the screenshot you can see the white box that is slightly angled within the GEM program.

I first started to play with the color of the cube that we had on screen and from there wanted it to change on its own. With the help of the metro object I was able to have the colors cycle. That's not all I wanted the cube to do though. After playing with the color I found a way to get the cube to zoom in and out to the point where it would disappear and I got it to rotate on every axis on a timer much like the color cycling. I then added a Toggle to the top of the patch so with one click it would turn on everything rather then have to go to each setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment